ltn6a

Hi All Seasons Greetings

Santa deliverd my loverly new metal prop and i was just tinkering this afternoon and noted that the Dowl Pins on the Spacer are a very tight fit into the prop so much so with the spinner back plate between them it would take a good mallet blow to get them together and i don`t know how you would seperate them .Is this right or should they be a nice slide fit and if so has any one else had this problem.

Thanks
Mark

That's right - it's a very, very tight fit... Mallet required :) But make sure you don't damage anything

A mallet is required. Tap it on evenly. Make sure that once you put it together that you don't want to take it apart, it is very difficult. If you do take it apart be very careful that you support the prop and don't damage the holes with the punch that you use to drive the spacer off with.

As mentioned it's not a problem.
Read the instructions that came with the prop.
They make it very clear that this will be the case.
If you didn't get any with your prop they are available on the Sensenich web site.

Read the instructions that came with the prop.
They make it very clear that this will be the case.
If you didn't get any with your prop they are available on the Sensenich web site.

And if you do what I did, being so worried about not damaging your brand new assembly (yes it's cheaper than CS but still real $$$ to me) as you beat it into place that you forget to put the backplate where it needs to go.....there are also instructions on the Sensenich web site on how to safely back those pins back out to remove the spacer to allow doing it right the second time :)

By the way, with the experience gained on the first try, it's less stressful getting the spacer installed the second time. Was a little embarrasing sending Sensenich a note asking for help on this but I was reassured that I'm not the first to make that mistake..... As I was installing the first time, I kept thinking "I hope I never have to remove this thing" and was somewhat dismayed to realize shortly after finishing that I would have to disassemble.