rjtjrt

Well Known Member
I have purchased an RV-12 ELSA (started 2013, completed mid 2015).
What paperwork comes from Van's for prop when it is supplied? I was looking for prop serial no, and can find no paperwork at all for prop.
Should it have a log book, installation manual, details of serial no, etc from Sensenich and or Van's?
Also, what paperwork comes from Van's as supplier when firwall forward is supplied interms of various OEM stuff?
Once I know what to do ask for, I can approach Van's as I expect they will have records of serial no's. I am told nothing visible on prop to give serial no (my maintenance people have the aircraft putting it together after sea voyage).
John

The -12 that I recently completed has a (Sensenich) Hub Model 2AO & Blade Model R70E.

There are also serial numbers for the Hub and Blades (1 SN for the hub and 1 SN for each blade).

If the info was not recorded by the original builder, you should be able to find them on the hub & blades themselves.

Thanks.
Rick, can we see the hub and blade serial no's without disassembling the prop?
My engineer says he can't see them anywhere on the prop, and is talking of needing to remove and disassemble the prop to find them.
Reason we need them is for our authorities paperwork here, so we can get the aircraft on our register.

The blade SN's are at the base of each blade and as best I recall, it does require disassembly of the prop/hub to see them. I don't remember exactly where the hub SN is located, but if you once you remove the prop and disassemble it, I'm sure you will be able to see the hub SN.

Removing and re-installing the prop is easy. Setting the blade pitch is a bit of a tedious process, but that's something you may need to check/re-set any way.

Thanks Rick.
Hopefully the builder or Van's will have a record of serial numbers so we don't have to reset blade pitch.

Van's Aircraft had a record of the prop hub and blade serial numbers.
Van's are such a helpful company.