Bill, looks great.. don't sell now.. you're almost there.. hang in there just a bit longer...

no way

thats a tough break of it comes to that..good luck on keeping it though. looks amazing.

Start date?

Hi Gang,
My QB 8 showed up mid March 2008 and .....

Nice airplane you have there, do what you can to keep her. I too have a QB and wondered about the time to completion. There seems to be a typo, did you receive your kit March 07, msg said 08. I am hoping I can be flying 2.5 years from start, I am not on a good time line so far!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll just burn down my shop ...

I've been working on mine since June of '96... and you're farther along than I am! *sigh*

Don't quit now. Sell the wife and kids if you have to. ;)

Beautiful! I love the paint job! Is it modeled after a particular P-51? Is there a story behind the selection?

Paul Poberezny

Modeled after Paul 1 at the Airventure Museum. Always liked that particular one and have modeled it several times.
Thanks

NRV Don't burn shop

I've had many days to work on my 8 because of slow economy, hence will probably have to sell. I've built several airplanes (Kolb Slingshot, Piper Cub, Decathlon, worked on several Stearman projects, and helped with a Spacewalker which the Decathlon and the Spacewalker took home awards at SERFI with our own list contributer Dan Horton as a judge). By the way Dan scratched built the most meticulous Jenny I have ever seen to beat me at Sun-N-Fun for Grand Champion with my Slingshot, Dan is a serious craftsman. But out of all the planes I've built, always wanted an RV. Oh well, maybe another RV kit in my near future.

I've examined several airplanes built by the Woods gang. Funny how a lead dog or two can really push up the craftsmanship level in a local area <g>.

I sure hope Bill can keep his RV-8, but if he decides to sell I wouldn't hesitate to send him a check sight unseen.

Bill, here's an old photo from 2004:

Too slow as usual. I'm where I need to clean up the shop for painting, but I have a pair of 84" maple propellers to cut so I can get the prop machine and the sawdust moved out. Roughed 'em out this weekend. Anybody need about 30 gallons of laminated maple chunks? <g>