redmark

I updated my Dynon Saturday from 5.4 to 5.4.3 with no errors noted. My installation has one D180 /w AP74 autopilot. Since the update I’ve had the following problems…

I’m getting a CHT 1 HIGH alarm when I power on the avionics switch. I changed the default PWR ON ALARMS to OFF which does silence the audio alarm but I still get the flashing data field for the CHT 1 value and the green toggle switches blink on and off until the alarm clears. The real oddity is that the engine can be dead cold but I still get the HIGH alarm.

Often I get an ATTITUDE RECOVERING alert message with the EFIS screen turning black on top and gray on the bottom. The manual says this appears when the airspeed is non-zero or the unit is rotated at a rate of 150 deg/sec. The problem is that I’m getting this while setting on ground, not moving and again at power up but not each power up.

I’m losing my toggle switch and cabin LED lighting. I believe that once the CHT 1 alarm clears I lose the lighting forever.

Thanks,

-Ron

Last edited:
Thanks for the links... the EMS setting sounds like it will fix the switch lights. I'm not sure why this setting is not configured in Van's lock file... seems like it would be a worthy candidate along with all the other pre-configured values for the EMS.

There other 2 problems were not an issue with the 5.4 version... maybe I can just down the D180 back to 5.4

Thanks,
-Ron

I think one of the things that 5.4.3 also addresses is a more accurate airpseed indication at low airspeeds. Im not sure at what airspeed this error begins to show itself. If the airspeed error only showed up between 0 and 30 knots or so, I wouldn't bother with it. Does anyone know?