Droopy

I just made the mistake of updating my 396 from version 3.8 to 4.5. The update took just fine, but during it, it mentioned that it updates the GXM30 antenna (the XM antenna) also. Well, that's obviously not connected during the update since there is only 1 USB port...

After the update, I hooked it up to the XM antenna, but no update. Instead, it just says the XM antenna is not responding. Any ideas?

John
RV-8 94DW
RV-10 Wings

How?

How do you rerun the update with the antenna attached? It attaches to the same USB port you use to connect the computer to run the update...

John

Sorry - brain fart. I was thinking of another device that required two pieces be connected.

I need to update my 496 soon anyway. When you run the update, does the software ask you whether or not you have the XM antenna?

Update Process

Nope, when you are running webupdater, it just kinda off-handedly mentions that it will also update the antenna. I'm guessing the GPS is supposed to do the antenna at the next poweron. Today I'm going to drag my laptop to the hangar and try it again. If that doesn't work, I'm going to plug the antenna into the computer and see if the updater recognizes it... Can't see as how that could hurt anything...

John