JanRV6UK

Well Known Member
I have a Sioux 3X rivet gun I bought new a few years ago from one of the regular vendors who advertise on here. Ever since new ? the trigger does sometime stick , at a very fine teasing setting. This happen particular if you try and feather the trigger very carefully. When I got the gun I thought it would bed in once used, plenty of lubricant and a usage. Unfortunately it has not got better. It?s as it was when new . I only use it with -4 rivets. Works great. Just have to be careful when the trigger sticks ? gets tricky to remove the gun from what you are riveting. :eek:

Have anyone on here experienced something similar ? I am looking for a maintenance manual or parts list for the unit- Thinking about stripping it down to see if I can figure out what is causing the trigger to stick. Appreciate any advice.
The model number 270A

Mine too

Well, mine is a drill but with the same problem.
I bought it for my RV-10 build and after using it I never ever wanted to use another one, it's that good of a tool.
As in your case, the trigger was a bit sticky and I too thought it would wear in
over time, it did not and I just didn't want to send it back.
Here is what I did.
I removed the trigger and removed the rubber O ring on the trigger shaft.
After that it worked flawlessly and to my surprise did not leak air.
I did all the drilling on the 10 and the tool is as good as new, without the O-ring.
I am sure Sioux will fix it but I know you don't want to send it back.

Thanks for quick reply .. This forum is great ;-) .. I removed the trigger housing (removed the pin then pulled the trigger assembly out) I was surprised that the trigger mechanism and the air valve is made out of plastic. The piston that is activated by the trigger is steel - and yes it had a small "O" ring at the back. I think the stick friction is from the steel against the plastic - I had a look in my "o" ring kit to see if I could find a replacement - maybe the O ring was hard and did not seal - Well I had a metric size - slightly larger. I fitted that one .. and now it seals perfectly. No run on .. My other gun is a 2E from Cleco - must be 20 or 25 years old - its as smooth as silk ...

So interesting that the air that Ernst are using works better with no O ring - and mine works better with a larger O ring !! :) ...

Nobody mentioned it but an email to the advertiser -- especially if they're a regular on here -- is/was an option. I had a problem with a rivet gun I bought from Avery. Had a problem with it and Bob couldn't act quickly enough to get it up and running again (was an O ring )