dustman

Well Known Member
I have had my first experience with this stuff and it was not to pleasant. Some please tell me there is a better way to seal tank covers this stuff sucks.

250 gloves?

You've got to be kidding. 2-3 pairs per person (crew of two), two proseal sessions per tank. That's 24 total, max. What are you guys doing? I wonder if your'e making the job much bigger than it needs to be. I suppose the easiest mistake to make is using too much proseal. How much proseal are you using?

Bevan
RV7A wiring

Pro Seal

Did you know that Pro Seal can actually jump from the aplicator or tank parts onto your gloves, clothes or whatever just to make you angry???:D

You'll get the hang of it though. Tough stuff. Gotta love it though. Try to imagine you're a gas molecule determined to get out of the tank and you'll end up with a leakproof tank.

Did you know that Pro Seal can actually jump from the aplicator or tank parts onto your gloves, clothes or whatever just to make you angry???:D

On the upside, fingers coated in proseal makes picking up rivets really easy. :D

Definitely tough stuff, I scrubbed with Lava for 3 days. The -10's top provides ample places to tranfer proseal to yourself from. :eek:

Lots and lots of gloves

When prosealing, there is no such thing as having too many gloves. Always, I repeat ALWAYS, wear at least two pair!!!! Can you do an entire session without changing them? Sure, but it tends to get excessively messy.

A little proseal helps pick up rivets and stuff, as stated previously. But a lot just makes progress impossible, then you end up cleaning your tools more than the airplane.

Oh, and don't wear any shirts you really like.

[B]Go disposable[/B]

Use Dixie cups and tongue depressors to mix and apply ProSeal and then toss it when you are done. Treat it like epoxy and you won't have to clean up much. This is the way I did it and found doing the tanks a non event.