Ron

I'm working on my carb airbox right now, I need some pro-seal for the flange which mounts under the box for the alternate air door, I'm fresh out of the stuff, what is a good fuel proof substitute...
Ron
9A..FWF

I'm working on my carb airbox right now, I need some pro-seal for the flange which mounts under the box for the alternate air door, I'm fresh out of the stuff, what is a good fuel proof substitute...
Ron
9A..FWF

Permatex Ultra Blue RTV from NAPA seems to answer a lot of questions this weekend - just like Windex in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding

JIm Sharkey

Sub.

Don't want to ruffle any feathers here, but IMHO, RTV of any sort should NEVER be used any where near an aircraft engine!!!!!

If you've ever opened up an engine where someone has used RTV as a gasket, you'll understand why. It does a pretty nasty job of clogging the oil screen.

In the airbox situation, any RTV that separates will probably just pass on through the induction system with no harm. Personally I wouldn't use it though. Just my $0.02.

One of the other current threads mentions an industrial adhesive, Eclectic E-6000. Looks interesting, though I've not used it personally. It's available from non-aviation sources at wonderfully non-aviation prices! :D