Stan Bahrns

I am thinking of using a fuel octane booster additive in my RV12. I have access to fuel called recreational fuel which is supposed to have no ethanol in it & is 90 octane. The fuel booster that I am looking at using is (Synergyn 120+ Octane Boost Gasoline Supplement) which is not supposed to contain any Methyl Alcohol. There are other additives but they are held as a trade secret. I am wondering if Van's Tank Sealant is affected by any of these?

My acquaintances say ROTAX has approved the use of Ethanol & alcohol additives. They seem to think that using a high grade of auto fuel that contain Ethanol or probably Alcohol. Would that be advisable?
Any Comments.
Thanks in Advance
Stan Bahrns

I run 90 octane, E0 auto fuel with octane boost in my RV-12. It's better than using 100 LL. I don't have any data sheets in front of me, but I doubt the booster will affect the fuel tank sealant.

Proseal and Crown Royal

Oh, never mind. I thought this thread was were I admitted proseal drove me to drink.

Works for me

Here inCA we are not able find ethanol free gas.
I've kept 91 E10 high octane gas with ethanol in my tank for over 2 years now
And know of others who have done this for more than 10 years and the pro seal
Is looking like new.
You'll need to change the rubber o ring on the tank drain to a viton o ring.
I don't know about octane boosters but since Rotax has approved fuel with ethanol why not get it from the local gas pump and forget about messing with an additive?

Tight Plug

I really wanted to replace the gasket on my gascolator as well. I put some pretty strong pressure on that plug and it wouldn't budge. I got nervous and left it alone, fearing that it was not meant to be removed. Did you have that trouble with yours??

Tom

From the factory, my fuel bowl seemed positively "glued" in the housing and wouldn't budge. I suspect that it was initially assembled with a bit of fuel lube which at times seems more like "fuel glue". It took some very careful "persuasion" to eventually work it out -- it is a simple, but tight, slide-in fit with a sealing o-ring. It will separate, but don't break anything while trying to remove the bowl. :(