Geico266

Well Known Member
I've seen guys use a large binder for storing prints when they are done with them. It is a large 3 ring binder that is about 18" wide. I've done a search here, looked in Van's store, looked in Office Depot, no joy. Where do you get them?

I tried my local...

I've seen guys use a large binder for storing prints when they are done with them. It is a large 3 ring binder that is about 18" wide. I've done a search here, looked in Van's store, looked in Office Depot, no joy. Where do you get them?

...Office Depot and OfficeMax too with no luck.

...but poking about on their web site, I found this....

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/998146/Pressboard-Binder-With-Fastener-Capacity-x/

998146_sk_lg.jpg

I'm going to go back and see if they can just order me some at the store and save shipping costs.

I also looked on-line for true 3 ring binders in the 11 x 17 size but they seem to be in the $50 range....:eek:

I think that since commercial data on 17 inch wide fan fold paper from dot matrix printers is obsolete, the demand for the folders has gone way down...:)

Another way is to fold...

the 11 x 17 paper...twice. First, punch the three holes in the 11in side just as you would do for a "normal" sheet of paper.

Next, make the first fold. Bring the opposite edge (from the three-hole side) over to the left hand edge. You are actually folding the paper in half.

The last step is to take the folded (now the top sheet) left-hand-edge and make another fold to the right hand edge. This last fold will leave the "data block" and page number exposed on the RHS of the (now) 8.5 x 11 inch drawing...ready to be secured in your standard 3-ring binder.

Larry,
Search ebay under" three ring binder 11x17" and one will pop up under ebay store for $7.95. May be lower quality than you are looking for.

Sorry, not computer literate enough to post a link

Last edited: