Righty

I have been scouring this forum and the internet for specifics on the installation of Princeton fuel probes without much luck. I am currently working on closing up one of my tanks and have decided to switch to capacitive sensors and like the sound of the Princeton units, but am unsure of which length (or bendable section) to order and if there are any provisions that need to be made in the construction of the tanks. George's post below implies that GRT sells them pre-bent for RV tanks, but my emailed question to them has gone unanswered. I would like to make some progress installing ribs this weekend, but don't want to do anything that will later conflict with installation of these probes.

I can't follow all the post on which BRAND or TYPE of capacitance fuel level device is being talked about. I read Dan's T&B causing problems, BNC connectors and "converters". Anyone have Princeton Brand probe? Most of the discussion seems to be in regards to Van's plate type probe.

I have the Princeton units and they look great and work well on the bench. No converters are required; the probe (aluminum tube) and sealed electronics are all in one. The probe uses 0-5V output and sends a calibrated voltage to the EIS for empty thru full. I can't see the output being that sensitive since the probe is sending a calibrated voltage. It uses plan wires to connect it. There are no BNC connectors, only low volt wires. It looks like a high quality measuring device. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/princefuelprobes.php (Buy the ones pre-bent for the RV tank from GRT)

The Princeton Brand of capacitance fuel level sender has two models, 3 set points and 5 set points and comes pre-bent for RV tanks. The 3 level version is about $95 each. The "set points" allow you to set a linear output for non-linear tank shapes. I have not flown with it yet. By the way all Boeing jets use capacitance senders. I want the same technology as a B777 :D
Cheers GeorgePete, how does that happen? In 10 years of flying 737/757/767 I have never seen the "water between the plates" problem. With say 34,000 lbs of fuel sloshing around a dozen probes, a little water does not seem likely to do much. As you already know the temp compensated fuel quantity computer accounts for single probe errors. G

So what does the installation of these probes look like? Can I install all of the ribs normally right now, or should I leave the 1st and/or 2nd inboard ribs out until I have the probes in hand?

Thanks for any help.