Wicked Stick

Well Known Member
Hi,

Just wondering about what fuse rating is used for princeton capacative fuel probes (black boxes) when wiring them up.

I see in the instructions that Black is ground, Red is +, yellow is to the EFIS and the other to the BNC connector, but nowhere could I find what fuse rating is recommended for them.

Did I miss it somewhere on the supplied paperwork ? :eek:

Dave R.

Dave, I'll check mine when I get home and let you know. I just secured mine under the seat pans with velcro. Also, don't forget to wire in the resistor.

Dave, I'll check mine when I get home and let you know. I just secured mine under the seat pans with velcro. Also, don't forget to wire in the resistor.

Resistor ? Oh yeah, I found it mentioned in the AFS manual. 1.5K ohms resistor to limit it to 4 volts.

Thanks for reminding me about that.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just wondering about what fuse rating is used for princeton capacative fuel probes (black boxes) when wiring them up.

I see in the instructions that Black is ground, Red is +, yellow is to the EFIS and the other to the BNC connector, but nowhere could I find what fuse rating is recommended for them.

Did I miss it somewhere on the supplied paperwork ? :eek:

Dave R.
My suggestion is to call GRT and talk to them about it. When I mounted a Princeton box with my GRT EIS on another aircraft they were very helpful. They are very easy to talk with and will be able to tell you quickly what it needs. I have found in the past whenever I had an issue that these guys are always ready and willing to talk with you about it until you get the information you need.