hevansrv7a

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any experience with the Prince P-tip props, either wood & glass or wood and carbon fiber? Thanks.

I have logged about 40 hours on my RV4 with a carbon fiber covered Prince P-Tip prop. I have an O-320 (160 HP) engine and can cruise about 150 knots at about 2450 RPM. This propeller is very light, smooth running, and is good looking. It attracts attention at fly ins. The workmanship is excellent and I have had no problems with it so far. It has very narrow blade thickness for a wood core prop and sharp leading edges. I use the Mark Landoll ring weight on my starter ring gear to increase the weight forward of the CG and increase the crankshaft inertia. The only drawback to this prop is the high price. I paid about $1900 for mine, including shipping. But, I got my prop two days after I ordered it because Prince Aircraft normally keeps an O-320 and O-360 prop, pitched for RV speeds, in stock ready to ship to RV owners.
Be sure to ask for the hub thickness and plan on shorter prop bolts, or more spacers in your installation because the carbon fiber P-tip prop hub is thinner than the usual propeller hub.
Kerry Peters