Leonard_Smith_nz

All,

Fitting the baffles at present. The aircraft will be based at the coast. Any reason not to prime the baffles?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,
Leonard
RV6 in New Zealand

I have painted baffles in the past using epoxy primer and then sealed using black Deltron paint, by PPG. They held up well and still looked great when I sold that plane after a couple of hundred hours of use.
I don't think just primer would hold up as well without a sealing coat of paint. I would think that any two part paint, using a hardener, should hold up pretty well.
I also know a couple of folks who have had their baffles powder coated. Time will tell how that works out, but I suspect that they will wear very well.

baffles

Anyone made them from the plans ? I made a set but have not gotten to the point of (building engine now) I did use some heavy duty aluminum (per plans)
but the only concern I have is the metal has some paper on one side.. made the parts with the paper facing out, not sure if it will hold up with that paper or not.. its was made for insulation covering at a oil and gass refinery the normal use has the paper on the inside on very hot piping.. 500 to 800 degree's anyone have an opinion on that ? figured for 7.00 bucks I could throw them away if they didn't seem to work out and spend 150.00 on a set but it might work.. and I got paid while making them :)

Danny..