David Paule

Well Known Member
sc16.jpg

More images here, http://www.spaceflightnow.com/ look for "Take a photo tour of space shuttle Endeavour's hangar"

By the way, I saw the last one under construction and the workmanship on it was superb.

Dave

hmmm

Just musing of what I could do with some of them heat shield panels. That's some good stuff.

bird

Imagine if, after every time you set a single rivet, you had FIVE independant quality inspectors check it before you moved on to the next one. Your RV would either be extremely well built....or never finished.....

Imagine if, after every time you set a single rivet, you had FIVE independant quality inspectors check it before you moved on to the next one. Your RV would either be extremely well built....or never finished.....

Now THAT they most definitely do NOT do on C-130s... :)

Wow! That's impressive. I'll bet the riveter's hand would have been shaking if he had to drill one out! I find it stressful enough with nobody watching. Imagine having to order a new piece. :eek:

or cost $21 Billion...