T.O.Craig

Well Known Member
I'm a new guy to the forum. Getting started on a 10. Is anybody using the Sanchem 6100AB and Cleaner with the 3400 sealer #2. I'm thinking this is a safer product, but curious if you think it will work OK.Thanks T.O. Craig

I'm using the Sanchem w/ Sealer for the interior of my empennage. It's safe and so far I like the product. There's been some debate whether you need to use the sealer, I'm convinced you must for it to be effective. Here's a link to a thread I started that provides additional thoughts:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=5193

Since then I've done a little test with the product on some scrap aluminum. I applied the A/B product on some parts, added the sealer over it on other portions, and left some parts bare Alclad or with the Alclad sanded off. I then wrapped the pieces with paper towels wetted with a strong salt/water mixture. Over the course of about a week I kept rewetting the paper towels.

Finally I rinsed the parts clean to eliminate the salt buildup on the parts. Appearance-wise the portions with the A/B/C and Sealer looked mostly good as new. The next best was untreated bare alclad. The portions with just the A/B product applied had a bunch of spots with darkened, rough areas. The sanded, untreated part was significantly worse.

I was a bit concerned about the sealer layer getting damaged during assembly and riveting. Although the sealer layer is clear, I don't think that's been a significant problem.

All-in-all I'm happy with the Sanchem product and plan to keep using it.

Mike Behnke
RV-9A Empennage
Andover, MN

Thanks again. Like I said I'm new to this and I can't beleive how much Info is out there. I hope to share as my Knowladge base grows