music1

Is it a good idea to use Primer the spars and ribs on the tail section
this is my first kit and i would like to primer the parts that would do the most good.:rolleyes:

Primer wars!

The use of primer (which parts to prime, what type of primer to use, etc.) has been an unending debate in the RV community and on these forums since the dawn of time. We call it the primer wars. There's lots of information available, as well as lots of misinformation (unsupported opinion presented as fact). You'll have to read critically and use your own judgment. Search the word "primer", or go visit the forum entirely dedicated to this topic:

http://www.vansairforce.com/communi...1&pp=53&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1

Grab a cold beer and enjoy a long night of reading.

Is it a good idea to use Primer the spars and ribs on the tail section
this is my first kit and i would like to primer the parts that would do the most good.:rolleyes:

Van's tells you in the directions which pieces to prime...mostly the iron pieces or aluminum pieces that have required lots of fabricating on your part. Spar and ribs - no way.

Primer Wars - Revisited!

After much consideration I decided to prime all internal parts, but not the inside of skins. Just carries the idea of priming mating surfaces one step farther. I accept that it adds a little weight and cost, but that way I don't have to be concerned about the places I scraped off the alclad coating. You can find opinions out here at all ends of the spectrum. Your location - inland or near salt water - might push you one way or the other.