ne15act

I'm New Here
Hey guys, having trouble with primer and looking for thoughts. Using Azkonobel 463-12-8 that I bought 3 months ago and kept in a temperature controlled environment. Sprayed for the first time yesterday with the purple gun from harbor freight. After playing with the settings I feel like a got a good spray but the consistency and color of the primer was off. It was very watery and sprayed mostly clear. Yellow with a hint of green when I really layered it on while testing. When I’ve seen it sprayed in videos it looks very green and easy to tell where you’ve sprayed and I’m not getting that. See pics. I cleaned the gun and used 1:1 mix with a quick stir. Maybe 20 seconds. Let it sit for 30 min and restirred for 2 min. Then filtered it into the gun. The parts were prepped using a scotchbright pad to scuff and then acetone to clean. Not sure what I did wrong. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Hey guys, having trouble with primer and looking for thoughts. Using Azkonobel 463-12-8 that I bought 3 months ago and kept in a temperature controlled environment. Sprayed for the first time yesterday with the purple gun from harbor freight. After playing with the settings I feel like a got a good spray but the consistency and color of the primer was off. It was very watery and sprayed mostly clear. Yellow with a hint of green when I really layered it on while testing. When I’ve seen it sprayed in videos it looks very green and easy to tell where you’ve sprayed and I’m not getting that. See pics. I cleaned the gun and used 1:1 mix with a quick stir. Maybe 20 seconds. Let it sit for 30 min and restirred for 2 min. Then filtered it into the gun. The parts were prepped using a scotchbright pad to scuff and then acetone to clean. Not sure what I did wrong. Any thoughts?
I see that you are using the paint stirrer contraption. I found out the hard way that the stirrer didn't work very well for the epoxy primer that had been sat for a while. The plastic fan blade in the stirrer doesn't do a very good job at mixing the very high solid content of the epoxy primer that I was using. I ended up using the Home Depot paint stirrer wooden stick. If you remove the stirrer, check and see if there are solid at the bottom of your paint can, and see if there are solids getting stuck on the plastic fan blade. If you find any of them, then you want to stir the paint by hand.