Ron

Anyone have pictures of primer lines routing for the O-320, 360 Carb engines...
Tks
Ron
9A..FWF

Just Finished

Hope it works!
Jim Sharkey
RV6 Tip-up FP O360-A1A
primer4un9.jpg

primer2nv4.jpg

primer1my4.jpg

primer3pv5.jpg

Thanks

that's a routing I hadn't thought of, over the top, I was trying to route along the sides and along the sump, but over the top might be easier and neater!!
What are you using for a primer valve next to the gascolator?
Ron

that's a routing I hadn't thought of, over the top, I was trying to route along the sides and along the sump, but over the top might be easier and neater!!
Ron

Its the Parker valve that came with the Van's primer kit.

Lycomings version

This is a picture (bottom view of engine, looking up) giving Lycomings O-360 "tied to the intake pipes" version...

priming.JPG

An extra support at the rear "T" and I plan on using a -3 teflon hose to the electric primer valve.

Note the optional primer tube to cylinder #3, which is usually used for a manifold pressure sense port...

gil A

Last edited:
Ron

I liked the fact that there is only one baffle penetration!

No baffle penetrations

I liked the fact that there is only one baffle penetration!

Err... that's because the upper primer port holes are being used...

If you use the lower ones (per the Lycoming figure), then there are no baffle penetrations.... at least for carb. engines....

Primer port location at bottom left of the cylinders is shown on this Tiger O-360 (not mine...:)...), same baffle arrangement on the cylinders as our RVs...

B2.jpg

gil A

Err... that's because the upper primer port holes are being used...

If you use the lower ones (per the Lycoming figure), then there are no baffle penetrations.... at least for carb. engines....

Primer port location at bottom left of the cylinders is shown on this Tiger O-360 (not mine...:)...), same baffle arrangement on the cylinders as our RVs...

B2.jpg

gil A

Duh! I forgot about the lower ports:D

lower ports

Gil, is the idea to shape the lines along the intake tubes, clamp to same, then tie to the sump and route back to the primer....
Ron

Yep...

Gil, is the idea to shape the lines along the intake tubes, clamp to same, then tie to the sump and route back to the primer....
Ron

Yep... Lycoming sells premade lines.

There are special shaped clamps with a screw and small piece of rubber tube around the primer line on each intake.

You can see the clamp here....

B25.jpg

The clamps at the sump are called "CLIP, 3/16 ID for 1/4 inch screw, cushioned type."

Sounds like an ADEL clamp designed for a 1/4 screw instead of the usual #10 screw.

gil A

primer lines

Thanks Gil, my engine is from Superior, the lines are straight, so I guess a little careful forming and shaping is in order....
Ron