Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
....I KNOW I will get flak for posting a primer question here, versus in the PRIMER section, but I really need the increased visibility that is inherent of this section. :) MODS please don't move just yet! :)

I have been using VALSPAR 2 part epoxy primer (white) since the beginning of my build on 2005. I have been SERIOUSLY considering using the Duplicolor self etching primer on some 'inside' small parts that will never be seen once wing skins are on. I have searched these forums, and believe that the Duplicolor SE deserves a chance, due to its low cost, and decent reviews.

My question is this: Does anyone know of any incompatability issues with the Valspar and the Duplicolor i.e., if a surface coated in one, is mated to a surface covered in the other? Can't seem to find any reference to this scenario. As a follow up, does the Dup come in any color other than the ugly green? ;) I wish I could keep everything the same color. (My anal- retentiveness disorder in action)

Thanks for any help!

2013 dues getting paid tomorrow!
Gregg

Once an epoxy primer is dry and cured it will be compatible to any other primer.

Note, this is compatible as in "in contact with" rather than "can be painted over with"... which is how I understand the question...:)