ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of installing the primer nozzles in my O-320 B2B. I haven't found any mention of a torque for these in the manual. Any idea what to torque to? Also, I was thinking about coating the threads with Fuel Lube...good idea? Would Teflon paste or tape be better?

Any tips on how to remove the remaining two primer port plugs would be appreciated. The ones on the two cylinders that I could get to were fairly easily removed with Vice Grips and a 7 mm open end wrench. YES, 7MM!!! Weird. These are square headed plugs, not Allens. Now I have to deal with the other two that I can only get a socket on...IF I can find a socket to fit them. I haven't found anything in my large selection of sockets but I have yet to go to Sears with one of the plugs to match it up.

I measured the point to point distance of the square head and got 3/8" but the 3/8" sockets that I have fit too loose. Any tips?

Thanks

Lycoming says....

....40 in-lbs for 1/8 pipe thread, and 85 in-lbs for 1/4 pipe thread fittings, with lubricated threads.

The plugs and the fittings are pipe thread.

Thanks Gil!

Oh, and for anybody else struggling to remove these plugs the secret is a 5/16" 8 point socket. Worked like a champ!