N24YW

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with thier Vans electric primer leaking by and causeing your engine to run rough. I put rebuilt yellow tag cylinders on and I still seem to have a slight miss now and then. Its almost like I have lead fouled plugs. The engine had 2400 hours on it when I changed out cylinders. I had the slick mags worked on 400 hours ago. The carb has had nothing done to it since new. I put new induction hose on with the cylinders. I am running avgas and when I do a runnup mag check it seems to have a miss now and then when running on either of the mags individually. It doesnt seem to make a difference which mag, I get a normal rpm drop and it just misses a cylinder once every 5 seconds. If I lean it out, and bring the exhaust temps up it will get better. I think my next step will be to plug the primer and make sure it isnt leaking by. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Jim Knight
Burlington Iowa
RV6

Leaking Primer

I installed a primer kit from Vans last winter. The engine ran very rough at anything above idal. I disconnected the primer line at the solenoid, put a plug in it, and the engine ran fine. I called Vans and they sent me another solenoid. It solved the problem. I had to pay for the second one, but they gave me full credit for it when I returned the bad one.