IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
I've checked the archives, read the manual, looked at some websites, but I can't find the answer to this simple question:

When assembling the fuel tank for the final time, does one "butter up" with Proseal the forward flanges of the Z brackets (the interface between Z bracket and baffle?)

The instructions aren't clear - I think a thin layer of proseal between baffle and Z bracket would be OK. If so, should I leave that flange of the Z bracket unprimed? It looks like most people completely prime the Z brackets and I didn't think the proseal would stick so well to primer.

Thanks for any help,

That's what I did, pro-sealed the z bracket to baffle interface. Put a little pro-seal on the rivets, too, natch. As I recall, I had problems with access to pull the rivets. Grind down the nose of your pop rivet puller to fit up against the z bracket. I took a lot of material off the nose, exposing the guts of the puller, but it still worked OK. I used a cheapie from Harbor Frt.

-1 here :)

I did not. The rivets are sealed blind-rivets and I did dip them into sealant before insterting them into the holes, but I did not butter up the flange. I had no leaks.

I guess my only concern, and it may not be much of an issue, would be the layer of sealant pushing the tank forward some very tiny amount. If you have fit issues with the tanks skins to wing or LE skins, this may worsten the problem somewhat. Just food for thought.