CMW

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any recommendations as to FBO's or instructors around Livermore, CA to get primary tailwheel instruction. I'm considering Attitude Aviation, but would like some reviews or recommendations.

Thanks

If you don't mind driving to San Jose, Amelia Reid Aviation @ Reid Hillview (RHV) is the best in the business. That's pretty much all they do and they've been doing it a LONG time. It's were I did my private and I wouldn't do a darn thing different if I had it to do again.

jcoloccia said:
If you don't mind driving to San Jose, Amelia Reid Aviation @ Reid Hillview (RHV) is the best in the business. That's pretty much all they do and they've been doing it a LONG time. It's were I did my private and I wouldn't do a darn thing different if I had it to do again.
I'll second them as being a good outfit, but do pick your instructor carefully and carry renters insurance. I suffered a propstrike while getting tailwheel transition instruction in a Citabria there and was handed a large bill. Fortunately, the insurance company paid - I carry a endorsement that covers $5,000 regardless of fault and we used all of that.

Consider getting aerobatic instruction while you're there if you need it. There have been some good recent threads on getting acro training there.

I lived in the area 10 years ago but still stay in touch. Flew out of LVK for several years and am very sure that if you go to their EEA meeting you will get all the help you need. That airport has one of the best Chapters around. I could list several people to contact but they will all be at the meeting. Larry

Sweet, another builder from Livermore! Everybody I know that taught at LVK has moved on, sorry I can't help.

A bunch of us from the Chapter meet at Baker's Square in Livermore (behind OSH) for breakfast every Saturday at 8am. There is at least half a dozen RV builders/pilots there on any given Saturday.