Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
I saw this airplane while getting gas last weekend and was just blown away by it. If this isn't example of pride of ownership and love for flying I don't know where to look for it. If there were a small group of airplanes that just blend into the surroundings and don't command attention normally a Piper Apache would have to be one of them. Then there is this one. Wow, it made everything else in the area just blur into the background while it sat there and stole all of the attention. Just thought others might like to see how an old plane can still be loved. :D

n9303p013ce4.jpg

n9303p014hg5.jpg

n9303p015yw7.jpg

Best,

Don't know it is the same plane (looks like it, and how many Apaches do you see on floats) but I saw a story on this plane on the Discovery Wings Channel before it changed to the Military Channel some time ago. An instructor was giving someone a lesson in it and it was filmed in CA. if I remember correctly.

A new paint job??

The paint on this Apache looks pretty recent. What impresses me the most is the "correctness" of the paint job. What a beauty!!

Nice... I wish I had the resources to do that to our families Cardinal. I do what I can...