dsb

So I have the preview plans now and have given them the once over... Is there more stuff in the full plans or are they just a full size version of what I have?

Thx,
Dave

plans

My preview plans were not the most recent version...the actual drawings had some updates. Having said that, I bought my plane in '02, and there have been a lot of updates to the -7 kit since then...I'd be surprised if they haven't updated the preview version of the plans by now.

Full size vs preview

The full size plans will also incorporate the latest changes. I would not rely on the preview plans drawings. You will also get updated manual pages if there were any changes.

I think they are indentical despite some of the answers below...

Dave, since you posted in the RV4 section I presume you were asking about the RV4 plans, not RV7.

I am at the 99.5+% point in the build and have not yet noticed a difference. Unlike the RV7 plans, the RV4 plans are not new. They have barely changed for many years. I expect there are changes this millenium, but I have not yet spotted any.

The question is a little academic though because when you get the kit, fuse, emp, wings etc., you get the full size plans included. So just enjoy the preview plans and get that order for the emp in.

Glad to see you are looking to build the best in the range.

Cheers,

Dave, since you posted in the RV4 section I presume you were asking about the RV4 plans, not RV7.

I am at the 99.5+% point in the build and have not yet noticed a difference. Unlike the RV7 plans, the RV4 plans are not new. They have barely changed for many years. I expect there are changes this millenium, but I have not yet spotted any.

The question is a little academic though because when you get the kit, fuse, emp, wings etc., you get the full size plans included. So just enjoy the preview plans and get that order for the emp in.

Glad to see you are looking to build the best in the range.

Cheers,

Steve, yes I am looking to build a -4...

I must confess that I was more confident in my ability to construct said aeroplane before recieving my preview plans. Now, not so much...

I guess I was hoping that the full plans offered more/better information on how all the pieces go together...

Thx,
Dave

RV-4 Plans

I can't comment on the other RV model plans since I have never looked at them. My preview plans match the full size version 100%. I use the preview set about 90% of the time. I have them mounted in a binder with each page folded. Very utilitarian for shop use and planning ahead; like in bed just before going to sleep at night. The full size set come in handy for studying details. I think the RV-4 builder manual is way too sparse but the drawings are tops!! Ninety-nine percent of what you need is documented in the drawings. I'm talking about the airframe, not the firewall forward. It would be possible to build the airframe from scratch using the RV-4 plans. Very detailed - two thumbs up on the RV-4 preview set and full size drawings!!