truflite

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I am building a 7A. At least I was till I was laid off. I have the tail kit almost finished.

I am also a radio control modeler. I like to build models of actual aircraft. I would like to build a model of of a 7/7a. I have the engine and radio from other aircraft, all I need is the airframe. If all works out, I would like to kit the model.

What I need are certain pages from the preview plans. I need drawings of the formers (bulkheads), the airfoil shape, and any drawings showing where the bulkheads are placed. A general arrangement drawing would help a lot.

Ideally, the whole set would be the best way to go. I am asking if anybody would be willing to loan me their copy of the preview plans. I will leave a deposit with you to insure their return if need be. I will need them for about 2 weeks. I will reimburse for shipping.

Post here or email me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance,

Dave Nellis

Last edited:
Don't you have yours from your tail? I might let you borrow mine, but it sounds a little fishy as you had to buy those with the tail kit. I'm sure you understand.

When I bought the tail kit, I received the written text instructions, which include three view drawings. When each kit (tail, wing and fuse) is purchased, Van's sends the appropriate blueprints along with it. The preview plans are purchased seperately and are reduced copies of the whole kit's planset. I understand your caution, hence the deposit I offered.

From Van's website.

According to Van's website, you cannot buy the empennage without buying the preview plans, or having previously bought the preview plans.

Tracy.

thallock said:
According to Van's website, you cannot buy the empennage without buying the preview plans, or having previously bought the preview plans.
That's what I thought. :cool: And with only a handful of posts and nobody to vouch for him, I think I'm going to pass.

Sorry man.

Yup, it's the very first line on the order form for the RV7-A where it is REQUIRED that you buy the preview plans as part of your first order.

Perhaps Dave got his order so long ago that he forgot that he got the preview plans. He should rummage through his garage and will maybe find them on a shelf somewhere.

RV - 7 plans

There are ARF preassembled RV-7 /7A R/C Models in the back of the A/C Spruce catalog. They were also available at Sun N Fun. No need to manufacture your own kit

Ron Kostus
Rv-7 fin. kit