NYTOM

Well Known Member
Couldn't believe it but the mail man came today, "SUNDAY" with a special delivery package. Didn't even think those guys worked on Sunday. Couldn't imagine what it was till I opened it to fine a really nice, well packed, accurate, generic model of a RV-6A that I had ordered off of E-bay. I didn't expect such a nice model when I ordered a month ago since it was only 49 bucks and supposedly hand made in the Philippines. It's actually a very well made and very accurate. I just checked their store on Ebay and they also have a 4,6,8,8A,9 and a 10 there now. Shipping was $25 to Upstate NY. The one I received came white so I can paint my own stripes as soon as I can settle on a color scheme. The sellers name on Ebay is "builderscience" if you'd like to see for yourself. It's going to make it soooo much easier now to explain to the unwashed masses what I'm doing in my basement. :D

I can hardly wait for tomorrow morning, because when I got home for the Cape yesterday, I had a pink slip from the mail man saying they had tried to deliver my two custom-painted models from Creataplane.com, but I wasn't home, and they require a signature....so first thing tomorrow, I am stopping at the Post Office!

Back when I owned my Grumman, and was building the -8, I had a custom model made of my AA1B....there was a little delay and mix-up, and to make it up to me, they said they'd send me a blank white RV-8 free (I'd just pay 20 bucks for shipping) so I could use it to develop my paint scheme. I kind of laughed when it came, because it was a nice -8 model from the windshield back - but it was a -4 from there forward. Kind of weird, and it still sits here, all white....

Can't wait for tomorrow morning!!

Paul