pat

Well Known Member
Im looking for pics for the throttle and mix cable set up, coming from a quadrant set up. I have the Horiz induction. I know it needs reversed somehow and I have the brackets installed just not sure how to reverse motion at the arms on the FI. thanks,

throttle and mixture linkage

Hope this helps...

throttlearm.jpg

THROTTLE ARM: Had to use the straight arm because of the 4 into 1 exhaust
throttlebrkt.jpg

THROTTLE BRACKET: Had to make this.
mixturelinkage.jpg

MIXTURE LINKAGE:
mixbrkt.jpg

MIXTURE LINKAGE AFT BRACKET:
backmixbrkt.jpg

BACK SIDE OF AFT BRACKET:

Good pic's

Mine is installed the same way.

Van's sells the mixture bell crank and bracket assembly. Works fine, but needs a shorter quadrant cable than they tell you. I used a 52 1/2" cable on it ( which is one of the standard lengths available).

Van's also sells the throttle cable mount bracket, but it is not as stiff/sturdy as one might like. You will probably need the straight (not dog legged) throttle arm, to get more clearance for the cable on the exhaust. (I have Vetterman cross-over) The folks at Precision will do a straight swap for you for free (which is good, because the arm list price is stupidly expensive) My throttle quadrant cable also needed to be shorter than they tell you, I used a 55".

My quadrant set up is completely per plans, so I don't know why they make the cable length recommendations that they do. I ended up with 48" for the prop control, 52.5" for the mixture, and 55" for the throttle.

Hope that gives you a good head start.