punkin

Well Known Member
Title pretty much says it! I'm going out Friday to look at a six that sounds like it needs to come back to Colorado in the near future.

Trying to proactively line up someone who ideally could couple a pre-buy with a compliance inspection. Aircraft is current through the spring, but I figure if we are gonna go through the inspection, why not do whatever is necessary to sign it off for another year?

Thanks,
Scott
[email protected]

It's a safe bet that any newly purchased airplane will need work, no matter how thorough the pre-buy. This is especially true for homebuilts. Expecting to buy and fly with no problems is unrealistic. A good slogan with a Homebuilt is, every flight is a test flight. Works for spam cans, too.

Most of the Prebuy inspections I have done include a test flight. There is usually a list of "if I was buying it I would change/fix this when I get it home" and sometimes but usually not a "I would not fly it away until I fixed this."

Where at? If it's flying weather Friday, I might be able to assist you. I seriously doubt you can do a thorough condition inspection at this time. The difference between a good pre-buy and a condition inspection is substantial.

Randy,
Thank you very much for your gracious time on the phone today. I feel confident that the deal made with a fellow VAF'r will be a great step for my flying future, and it keeps another RV under this roof!

Scott

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. Give me a call any time and good luck with your new bird. Blue skies.