bacstabber

Well Known Member
Friend
I have attached my wings and a I am rigging the ailerons and fitting the flaps when I discovered that I have a problem related to the flaps.

I started my wings before the RV-8 fuselage was changed to the now matched holes construction. As a result, my flaps were constructed with a totally different means of attaching the rod bearing end to the flap then what is being currently shown in the drawings. The Drawing that I used was 14A and the newer means was on 14B, which was not included in my then current set of plans. Whatever is the means of attaching the rod bearing to my attachment plate, it looks as if it is going to be a heck of a time! It is hard to reach the back of the plate to hold a nut and there is diminishing space to work from the plate to the trailing edge to hold a wrench on any nut behind the plate.

I have found an older thread that describes the same situation but it does not answer my needs.
http://www.vansairforce.com/communi...8251&highlight=flap+rod+connection+attachment

My questions for those RV-8 (and possibly RV-7 builders) that have attached the older flaps with the style of attachment plate and flap actuator rod used prior to the match holes fuselage:

1. What is the hardware callout for the studded rod bearing and attachment plate?

2. Does somebody have the drawings for the attachment of the tudded rod bearing and attachment plate?

3. Any tips as to installing the hardware?

4. Does anybody have any pictures of their installation?

Thank you