Bubblehead

Well Known Member
I have a purchase contract for a RV-8 in Sonoma, California and need to find an A&P/AI who can do a pre-buy inspection. The plane and new engine only have about 250 hours on them. I'd like the normal compression check but also a once over from someone knowledgeable about RVs to make sure everything looks right and the workmanship is good.

Anyone with info or an interest in doing it can contact me by email from this website or by cell phone 630-301-2778.

John

If you can't find anyone local, you might try Randy Thorne, he's out of Sacramento.

He did our pre-purchase on our -4.

Randy Thorne - 209.274.0874, or 209-337-8331

Thanks for the good lead. I need to get 5 hrs dual before solo so perhaps we could arrange to fly to Sacramento, do the pre-buy and fly back. That should be good for about 2 hrs with a little added sightseeing along the way.

I'll see what other info shows up. We don't need it until Aug 23rd so we have a little time to plan.

Thanks again

2nd the Vote for Randy

I second the vote for Randy Thorne. He is very good. I might even volunteer to fly him over to Sonoma in my -7. I'll forward this thread to him.

Dave C
Sacramento

Randy is a CFI. He is the the one that gets credit for getting me interested in RVs. I started building after meeting Randy and seeing his RV-4 being built. He is the CFI that gave me my BFR in May as well as the past few BFRs. I now have 2,050 hours on my RV and am now a DAR. Randy is the one that is responsible for all this.

Another note on Randy Thorne

Just another data point. We needed a pre-buy on a RV-6 on short notice the week after OSH this summer and based on posts about Randy Thorne here on VAF gave him a call. The result was a very thorough and professional job by Randy that made us very comfortable in our negotiations to buy (and that in effect paid for itself with the squawks that he found). Highly recommended.

--Paul