stancaruthers

Well Known Member
I'm sure to most this is old news, however I feel obligated to share this wonderful experience.
After finding what appeared to be the -8 I have been searching for, I am professionally guided to Dan Horton for the pre buy in Alabama. Dan traveled and inspected all in one LONG day, when he was finished I received a call with instruction to sit by my PC and await further instruction.

Not familiar with either Drop Box of One Note, like magic 98 pictures appear on my screen for my viewing pleasure.
About 2 to 2.5 hours later, Dan H. had described in detail every single photo down to the last wire connector.

The experience was so awesome I felt compelled to share.

Anyway the purchase is complete and my new to me -8 will be delivered to XBP this Saturday......super excited.:D

Tail wheel transition training and sign off will start Sunday

Excellent. However, I want to know what this fella "Dan Horton's" qualifications are :D

(just kidding Dan ! )

Awesome!

I can't imagine you getting someone more thorough and capable as DanH to assist in the prebuy.

Now, as Dan might say, "Pictures or it didn't happen" (just the airplane/panel, not all the minutiae).

Now, as Dan might say, "Pictures or it didn't happen" (just the airplane/panel, not all the minutiae).

No beauty shots. It's all about the minutiae. Everyone loves the big errors, but mostly it is dull stuff, with a judgement call here and there. For example...

Defect: Flap actuator not safety wired.
Note: Someone did apply a red Loctite or similar.
Opinion: Not critical defect, flyable. No significant expense to cure.
Action: Advise purchaser to compete applicable S.B. after delivery.

Bored yet? ;)

That stuff isn't boring Dan, at least to me. Walt will often post things he finds as well. It is a good reminder to confirm what I have done, and yes, my Flap Actuator is safetied, per the SB, but before the SB even came out!
Thanks for posting. Got anymore fun little items?

You have no idea how many planes I see without this safety wire. I think it's at least 1 in 3. The other common one is the missing AN4 bolts holding the wing spar to center section web.
No beauty shots. It's all about the minutiae. Everyone loves the big errors, but mostly it is dull stuff, with a judgement call here and there. For example...

Bored yet? ;)

Bored yet? ;)

Nope. I'm going to go check mine now to be sure its done right.

Just the kind of detail one would expect.

Thanks Dan.