cbrown747

I just finished the practice tool kit and just started on the airfoil practice kit. The instructions keep referring to the manual section 3 & 5. Where is this manual for reference?

I just finished the practice tool kit and just started on the airfoil practice kit. The instructions keep referring to the manual section 3 & 5. Where is this manual for reference?

It should be the one that is included with your preview plans if you got them already! If you haven't already I recommend reading through EVERYTHING at least once (I think I read it 4-5 times while I was waiting for my parts and tools to arrive)! Best of luck

I guess your answer is yes and no. No you dont need it but yes it is helpful with lots of hints, tips, and useful information. If your planning on going on to build an RV in the future, you need to buy one... so might as well buy it now

so you are saying that I have to purchase the preview plans for the practice kits?

No, you don't. I did buy the Preview Plans before I bought the tool box and practice kit, but doing things in the opposite order should work fine too.

Are you certain those sections from the Construction Manual weren't included with your Practice Kit? (I'm assuming we're talking about the same thing here: the short RV-9 aileron section sold as "RV Training Project-1" and also called "Class Project" on some of the sheets). My kit included copies of those sections.

In fact, Sections 1, 3, and 5 made up the main bulk of the paper docs that were included with my Practice Kit; the only paper included which were not from these sections were (1) the one-page inventory sheet, (2) the one-page, double-sided larger-format drawings (which have the actual 12-step instructions intermixed with figures), and (3) some marketing photocopies describing each of Van's aircraft.

I also just verified that the Sections 1, 3, and 5 that were included with my Practice Kit are exactly the same as the ones from my Preview Plans. Look again. You probably have them. They are three-hole punched, and have the Section number printed at the top of each page.

--Stephen

I'm working on the practice kit right now and those sections were included with the kit. Are you sure you didn't get them with the kit? If not I would call vans I'm sure they would send them to you.

well I got these two practice kits over a year ago and finally started building them after I got the tools. So it is possible that either I never received them or I lost them.

I will contact vans to see what they will do, otherwise as you said, I will have to buy the preview plans anyway. Thanks for the responses.