sc_acro2

Ok, I have had request to take a look under Power Play's skirt. Here ya go.. I'll be @ KOSH with the cowl off. I would like to meet ya, And talk performance parked over there by IAC Head Quarters. Have a safe fun flight, see ya there!
Thomas S.
www.g3ignition.com

e3553xc0.jpg

e3557qt4.jpg

Okay, I have to ask, what are we looking at? I see six cylinders, but what about the intake system?

Yeah, looks like the roots type supercharger mounted on the DeltaHawk engine.

Ok, I'm curious too - what type of engine is this? Is "PowerPlay" the airplane, or the engine we are being shown?

tee-hee hee.....

Just seeing that blower makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside-Thanks for the post...you just made my day:D

Yeah, looks like the roots type supercharger mounted on the DeltaHawk engine.

Ok, I'm curious too - what type of engine is this? Is "PowerPlay" the airplane, or the engine we are being shown?

Looks like Power Play is the plane - a "super acroduster" with supercharged IO-540. Check out the website link in the original post.

pulled off the website

Power Play, SA750 ?Super AcroDuster? is running the G3i module with Bendix 200 series magnetos. Configured with MSD 6a and start / boost retard system. Additionally, the ignition harness also has modified to incorporate the MSD 8.5mm superconductor ignition wire, and NGK Iridium automotive fine wire plugs. Powered with a supercharged IO-540-C4B5 the performance and smoothness is next to none. Fuel consumption at cruise has been reduced considerably also. See ya in KOSH 2008 @ IAC Headquarter parking.

As long as I watch my throttle position...

Can I mount one of those on my RV9A?:D

Just kidding...:p

Kent

Nice But...

I saw it. Very clean installation!

Real engines have turbos, intercoolers, and lots of camshafts and valves however: :D:p

Four cams, 24 valves, twin turbos, twin intercoolers, EFI and twin alternators.

eg33ttmy2.jpg

This is the Subaru alternative. Sorry for the dirt. This was prior to rebuild.

VROOM, VROOM.:rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
Hi Ross,
Nice plumbing on the turbo's. I do like the Subaru set-up. ECM fuel and ignition, nice! Where there are inter-coolers, there is power being made! Close to flying soon?

I like it!

Thomas S.
ppblown32hre7.jpg

Last edited:
Just seeing that blower makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside-Thanks for the post...you just made my day:D

wow!! i saw that engine, and it sent chills down my spine!! that really is a gorgeous powerplant!!

that thing looks incredible!!:cool::cool::eek::D

Hi Ross,
Nice plumbing on the turbo's. I do like the Subaru set-up. ECM fuel and ignition, nice! Where there are inter-coolers, there is power being made! Close to flying soon?

I like it!

Thomas S.
ppblown32hre7.jpg

Intercoolers sit behind the stock RV10 cheek inlets- lots of air and lots of drag :( but lots of power too.:D

Turbo aircraft need intercoolers to work well. We just need to get up high to cut down the drag they produce.