Phantom30

Well Known Member
I'm bldg e-lsa....thinking of pulling extra wires in wing for 2nd landing light following certification for wig-wag. Also, while on topic thinking of 2nd Skyview for co-pilot.

Has anyone done this? How's the power worked out?

(I tried a search on topic....nothing found)

Ric ? I too have opted to install a second landing light in the RV-12 for wig wag operation and feel it is a good safety decision ? see and be seen. When using wig wag, the current draw is the same as having the landing light steady on. There is no additional current draw because only one light is illuminated at a time ? this was verified by a call to AeroLEDs.

Doubt I will be doing much night flying so will likely not wire the left landing light onto the same landing light switch as the right light. That said, do plan to install a separate switch to turn on the left landing light if desired during short final so the electrical system won?t be taxed much for the very short period of time both lights are illuminated.

As it is, the RV-12 electrical system does not have an abundance of reserve power, but some have added a second SkyView ... a link to photos:

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=76926

Happy building,