LyleM

I have been wanting to post some pictures in the forums with no luck. I went to tinypic.com and followed the instructions. I uploaded the picture and it said it was successful. I copyed the URL and then went to the forum. Clicked on the insert picture icon. The little window came up like it was supposed. I pasted the URL in the box and clicked OK. It pasted the URL in the message box but not the picture. I tried it on 2 different computers and got the same thing. I tried it with and without the http://. What em I doing wrong? Thanks Lyle

I have been wanting to post some pictures in the forums with no luck...

Lyle, why don't you go ahead and post an attempt in the test section. It will make it easier to see what isn't right.

If you are still editing the message, you will only see the URL, surrounded by image tags. It's not until you submit the message that the picture becomes visible. If you quote my message, the image below will be visible in text as a URL, even though you can see it posted correctly. Message editing mode shows you the raw message with all the formatting and pretty stuff missing.

800px-FinalRenderingText.jpg

Last edited:
If you are still editing the message, you will only see the URL, surrounded by image tags. It's not until you submit the message that the picture becomes visible. ...

The "Preview Post" button is your friend. You can see how your post is going to look without broadcasting it to the world. ;) I use it for just about every post.