claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
I may (fingers crossed) be getting back into the construction game. As such, I'm reviewing how to post photos here. I know I need another photo hosting site to hold the pics and I post the links here, but why is it that sometimes the photo itself comes thru in the post while other times the link becomes part of the post and I have to click on it to see the photo? What's the diff?

Just guessing but some sites don't let you "share" the image in a forum. In that case you can only post a web address to the actual photo. I use photobucket for lack of any good reason. It works.:)

Clay, you need to make sure that when you are posting you use the "Image" code or URL link and not the "HTML" , "HTTP" or "Direct" code. The difference is this:

IMG Code or URL link looks like this:

"HTML" , "HTTP" or "Direct" codes looks like this :
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/abayani/Oshkosh 2014/IMG_7433.jpg

For your viewing pleasure ;) - - - - Hope that helps. Just make sure you "insert Image" on the forums and not "insert link" (fixed it Mike, ty)

Last edited:
Hey Clay,

Photobucket works great. Upload your photo there, then click on IMG (bottom box under the "Share Links" section). It'll flash "Copied" for a second. The go to your post and paste it in from your browser. Good luck!

Easiest way to post pics from Google Photos / Picasa

The easiest way to post pictures from Google Photos / Picasa.

Go to your photos using the following link:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos?noredirect=1

1. Select the photo you want to share.
2. Click "Link to this photo"
3. Click "Image only (no link)"
4. Copy the "Embed image" link.

In your post:

1. Click "Insert image" (the icon withe the yellow and the mountain)
2. paste the link you copied from step 4 above.
3. Click "Ok"
4. Click "Preview post"
You should see your image. If you do, go ahead and submit your post/reply.

P1010048.JPG

Is she texting? Figures.....
yeah, that was at Osh this year... I was started to walk up and ask her if I could take her picture (the plane that is) and she looked at me, then looked down and started texting :D Oh well. I wouldn't want to look at me either :rolleyes: so I clicked away. Absolutely beautiful. . . I'm referring to the Mustang of course. :p

Mmmmmnot so much

Hey Clay,

Photobucket works great. Upload your photo there, then click on IMG (bottom box under the "Share Links" section). It'll flash "Copied" for a second. The go to your post and paste it in from your browser. Good luck!

The Photobucket website must have changed, because I can't follow your directions while looking at their site. I can't find "IMG" anywhere, and the only "Share" I saw was "Share Album", where I had several choices about how to share…but none of them had IMG anywhere in their labels.
:confused:

The easiest way to post pictures from Google Photos / Picasa.

Go to your photos using the following link:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos?noredirect=1

1. Select the photo you want to share.
2. Click "Link to this photo"
3. Click "Image only (no link)"
4. Copy the "Embed image" link.

In your post:

1. Click "Insert image" (the icon withe the yellow and the mountain)
2. paste the link you copied from step 4 above.
3. Click "Ok"
4. Click "Preview post"
You should see your image. If you do, go ahead and submit your post/reply.

P1010048.JPG

+1 I find Picasa to be quite effective for this purpose. I tried some others but Picasa matched my thinking patterns.

Picasa works great for an image hosting site.

And, if you have FirFox all you need to do is right click on an image, and then click on "copy image location" to get the magic formula to paste into the window that opens with the "insert image" icon.

Here is the VAF logo, borrowed to illustrate how FireFox grabs an image-----6 clicks of the mouse total to put it into this post.

vafwwwmasthead.jpg

Here's how..

The Photobucket website must have changed, because I can't follow your directions while looking at their site. I can't find "IMG" anywhere, and the only "Share" I saw was "Share Album", where I had several choices about how to share?but none of them had IMG anywhere in their labels.
:confused:

Okay?I discovered that?after uploading your photo, look for the "Library" button near the top of the page. After you click this, it will show all the photos you've uploaded, and under each of these thumbnail photos you will find all the available formats on how to share; URL being the bottom one.
Clicking this copied the link, that I was able to successfully use when I clicked the "Mountain" icon to insert images on the VAF site.

Hope this helps.:D