David Paule

Well Known Member
This was a surprise in the box that came from Van's today. It's a nice poster of the RV-1, roughly 24" x 20".

21d0b4j.jpg

It was under a large piece of cardboard - so if you're getting something from Van's, keep an eye out.

Van's - thanks very much!

Dave

Well, how about that. I thought they were all ruined in the OSH storm of 012. Give it to Vlad, he'll bring it up for me to sign. :D

Dangit! I want one too!

I wish I'd been aware when those prints were going out way back when. I really wanted one. I took my daughter to see and actually sit in the RV-1 when it came through Colorado on its tour (she was an infant at the time). Then I saw it memorialized and placed in the Museum at Airventure. It's neat to think that I was able to sit in it with the canopy shut, moving the stick and making airplane noises with my daughter before it was put in the museum. What a neat piece of history. Any chance of more being printed?

Any chance of more being printed?

This was over a year and a half ago, and the end of a long Oshkosh week, so don't hold me to it - but I think a large number of the prints survived the storm, and we (the Leadership of "friends of the RV-1" at the time) suggested that rather than us hauling them all home, that Van's take them in their truck back to Oregon. I am thinking that Joe Blank might be able to answer if they have a stack of them.

Paul

Well, how about that. I thought they were all ruined in the OSH storm of 012. Give it to Vlad, he'll bring it up for me to sign. :D

Yes that! I am a DPC (Designated Poster Carrier) the one and only authorized by Paul Tuttle to transport his (re)prints. Will do it free of charge, well maybe for a taco. :D

When I visited Vans about 2 years ago, they had a stack of them and were giving them out. I may have a couple around here somewhere. Mike, - If I find one, I will send it your way!

I would also be interested in one if there is still a supply.

Joe, what the status?

thanks,

bob

I would also be interested in one if there is still a supply.

Joe, what the status?

thanks,

bob

I received a note from Joe stating that the order desk had some. I gave them a call and one is now on the way.

Thanks to both Joe Blank and Van's!

bob