bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Before my dual PMAG install I was using a hall sensor on a slick mag and was getting just over 2700 for max RPM on takeoff.

Now with the PMAG RPM sensor I'm getting a reading of 2810.

Anyone have similar experience?

Using Garmin G3X Touch 8.4.

increase in RPM

Hi,

I had a very similar experience. I was running on dual pmags with the electric vans tachometer driven from the tach drive. I installed an EI commander and saw an increase of 100 plus RPM from the previous tacho.

This concerned me because I run a Sensenich prop limited to 2600RPM, obviously if the old set up was reading 100 rpm too low I could have busted the limit without knowing.

I have to confess that even though I took my optical tester up to check on the new numbers I have not yet tested it....... but will in the next few weeks. I never go above 2400 anyway.

increase in RPM

Hi,

I had a very similar experience. I was running on dual pmags with the electric vans tachometer driven from the tach drive. I installed an EI commander and saw an increase of 100 plus RPM from the previous tacho.

This concerned me because I run a Sensenich prop limited to 2600RPM, obviously if the old set up was reading 100 rpm too low I could have busted the limit without knowing.

I have to confess that even though I took my optical tester up to check on the new numbers I have not yet tested it....... but will in the next few weeks. I never go above 2400 anyway.