rvmills

Well Known Member
I have a post-OSH "airplane lodging" request...any advice really appreciated.

With the Airventure Cup at the beginning of OSH, and the Great Canadian Air Rally three weeks after OSH, I'm hoping to find hangar or covered parking accomodations in the Milwaukee area for about 3 weeks following OSH, so I can fly both races without doing two X-Cs back and forth from Reno.

My plan so far is to fly from Reno to Mitchell, SD and fly the Airventure Cup, arriving in OSH on 7/25 with the racers. Will be in OSH till 7/31, when I'll fly back from Milwaukee (MKE) on my airline with my kids and Father-in-Law. I'll then return to MKE via jumpseat on 8/19 to fly the airplane to Ontario and compete in the GCAR on 8/21.

Any airport within easy striking distance of MKE would be very workable, and I can fly the RV from OSH to the temp parking on 7/29 or 7/30, then head back to OSH for our last few days there (whatever would work for a host). I'd like to keep it fairly close to MKE, as my family has "real" tickets out of there going home (not non-revving this time!)

If anyone has ideas on an airport operator or FBO that might have a corner of a hangar I could work a deal on, or if anyone in the MKE area has a corner I could hide the plane in, I'd be very appreciative, and would be happy to share hangar rent or share expenses in some way. And of course, a Super-Six ride would be part of the deal! :D

Any thoughts or recommendations are most welcome! Thanks much!

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:
East Troy?

Bob,

I'm hangering my project at East Troy (57C).

About 35 minutes by car southwest of MKE.

I don't own the hanger, but the guys that do are pretty reasonable and I'm sure they could fit you in somehow.

Don't have ANY idea what they'd charge, but you can call.

Contact Bob Wasburn (262) 215-4352.

Bob,

As luck would have it, tonight is the Milwaukee EAA chapter meeting. Let me ask around and get back to you, I have a couple of ideas and may be able to help you out. I might even be able to find space at MKE on the GA side.

Bob,

As luck would have it, tonight is the Milwaukee EAA chapter meeting. Let me ask around and get back to you, I have a couple of ideas and may be able to help you out. I might even be able to find space at MKE on the GA side.

Jeff,

Wow, thanks very much...really nice of you and Jesse to jump in so fast...VAF at work again!!:D

Apprecate you talking with the EAA gang! I'll hold off on calls till I hear back, though there is plenty of time to plan, so no worries here. Don't want to seem like I'm playing one against the other (I'm not gonna work guys on price at all...whatever is fair is great by me!) Just looking to simplify logistics...and MKE would certainly do that, since we (SWA) now fly in there. But I'm open to all options!! Thanks!

Really appreciate the assist guys!!

Cheers,
Bob

Hanger

Bob: I have to check with my co-renter for the hanger but if he's OK with it you can be in with our Pitts. We need to find out how the RV-8 will fit it there anyway! Give me a call on my cell if you might need this space: 414/861-8804

Hanger

Bob: Sorry - I didn't include location! We're at KMWC (Timmerman Field) on the Northwest side of Milwaukee. Is this a good location for you?

Bill

Hanger

Bob: Have talked with my Pitts/Hanger partner and it's a go. You can leave your plane in our hanger for those dates if you like. Let me know and we'll make the arrangements. We might be able to help with a ride to the airport. If you could find a hanger at KMKE that could be even better. Bill

Jeff, rcvd your PM, and thanks! Bill, thank you as well! (and you too Jesse!)

Really, really nice of you guys, and I'll make the phone calls tomorrow (my 10 yr old's birthday today, so it was his day and I didn't see this till late, late.)

You guys are awesome...thanks again!

Cheers,
Bob