tyvaf01

I am working on the firewall an have the engine mount,and the christen inverted oil components bought already.Does anybody have suggestions for the ideal position of the inv.oil.components as I whould like to install the
mounting stiffeners now (easy access).I am installing the parallell valve
IO 360 M1B.Does it make sensce final drilling the engine mount holes in the firewall at that early stage?This whould at least make it possible to remove the drilling chips between the parts and deburring the holes before riveting everything dogether.
thank`s and happy new year

Hi Christian

I installed a Raven system to my Aerosport Power IO-360-M2S (Superior Cold Sump) and the log posts can be found Here (Invert Oil 1/2/3). I have 44 hours on the engine and granted not a lot inverted but it has worked flawlessly so far and my belly is pretty clean. Hope this helps?

air oil separator

Dear Bob y have a TMXIO-360 with raven inverted system, when i was finishing mi phase 1 when i make inverted flight the engine throw 1,5 QTS on the belly in the breather exit, im trying to find the issue and i have two posibilities found:

1.- no hole in breather tube
2.- is there a position for the oil separator up side or down side or its the same?

the oil pick up fittings come installed with the engine at the factory.

Regards,

Hi Hernan

1. Can't see lack of hole in breather tube would make any difference (I forgot mine too and it was picked up by my test pilot - don't think it is on the drawings)

2. I believe the seperator works either way up.

Two questions:

1. How much oil did you have at the start of the flight when you tested the inverted system? Mike Busch of www.savvyaviator.com recommends 3/4 of max = 6 qts on my IO-360 any more than 6 seems to get dumped on my aircraft.
2. When you were inverted what was your oil pressure? Mine was 65 inverted and 75 normal.

Hi I have a range from 58 to 73 psi, and i have almost 8 QT of oil, so i will check as you said with only 6Qt and see results, thank you for your time,

Regards