dbuds2

Well Known Member
I have searched the prints, the old preview plans and assembly instruction and can't find how to set the height position of the 810C-1 and 811C-1 angle. The instructions say to cleco them on, but there are no pre-drilled holes for attachment to the bulkheads. I've assembled them up with the spacers and into the F819 aft deck, but, I'd like to hear what someone else has already done. This is the current pre-punched fuselage kit. Do I wait and drill after the 887-L1 longeron is installed?
img3231cj2.jpg

Pre-drilled

I'm struggling to remember what I did, but I don't recall having any problems working this out?

In this kitlog entry I see I have cleco'd the F811 angle in place on the bulkheads; I'm pretty sure it was pre-drilled at this point:-
http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=jpreou&project=45&category=2153&log=35968&row=163

Slightly further on, and though difficult to see on the kitlog photo (I verified it on my full size photo) I see the F810 is also riveted to the bulkhead, and I'm pretty sure that was pre-punched too. This is before any of the bulkheads 'saw' the fuselage:-
http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=jpreou&project=45&category=2153&log=36371&row=157

I wonder if you got non-pre-punched parts accidentally?

Prepunched Angles

My angles were prepunched for sure. I am ready to rivet them now. They lined up very well. I would call Van's for the proper angles.

Kevin Taylor

me too

I have searched the prints, the old preview plans and assembly instruction and can't find how to set the height position of the 810C-1 and 811C-1 angle. The instructions say to cleco them on, but there are no pre-drilled holes for attachment to the bulkheads. I've assembled them up with the spacers and into the F819 aft deck, but, I'd like to hear what someone else has already done. This is the current pre-punched fuselage kit. Do I wait and drill after the 887-L1 longeron is installed?
img3231cj2.jpg

Same problem.
I have the new -1 kit and I only have holes one one flange of my F800 angles - do I need a new one from Vans or if not how do I locate F810 & F811, the plans don't specify?

F-810c-1, F-811c-1Angles

Brent,
I'm working on mine now and have the same issue...how did you resolve this/did Van's send you new angles with all the holes pre-punched?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Brent,
I'm working on mine now and have the same issue...how did you resolve this/did Van's send you new angles with all the holes pre-punched?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
I clamped them in place... make sure everything lines up. All the holes are not in these parts with the -1 kit.

Hi
I just finished this step last week.... I preassembled both bulkheads (clecoed), then used the top 819 aft deck as the baseline. Completely cleco all parts in 810 and 811 together, then line them up on the aft deck with the spacers and angles in place. The deck, spacers and angle will provide the correct vertical alignment. Now use the holes in 810 and 811 as references to drill the angles. Cleco each one as you go. Make sure it stays aligned as you drill.

Chris

Thanks

Appreciate the info-I used the aft deck to allign the parts and it worked fine. Thanks to all,
Mike