Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I was avoiding purchasing a pneumatic rivet puller for my -14 project, but then the fuselage kit showed up and there are lots of pop rivets and some cherry rivets.

Questions:

1. can cherry rivets by pulled with a standard hand rivet puller?
2. will a pneumatic rivet puller (like one sold by Cleaveland Tools) pull cherry rivets?

thanks
ken

The pneumatic puller I got from Harbor Freight works on just about everything. It has different size heads that you can screw on. The only places it doesn't work is in tight places, and I have a hand puller for those.

Pop rivets

I use a hand tool but very few pop rivets on the 7a. A few Cherrymax also pulled with a hand tool. I also bought the close quarter tool for tight spots.

I pulled some cherry rivets with a hand puller. They required substantially more force to pull. However, I have read posts with people using pneumatic pullers.

Lotta of Pop Rivets in the 14 ,,,, Get the pneumatic tool . I used a hand tool for the Cherry Max , there aren't many of them .

The Cherry blind rivet hand tool is pretty good. Mine is their G28, I use it routinely, although there aren't that many blind rivets on an RV-3B.

Dave