todehnal

Well Known Member
Has anyone else installed the new style fuel sensor on the firewall. This is the one where we remove the old sensor, install a new firewall bracket, with a rubber bushing in the big hole, push the fuel line elbow up from the bottom of the new bracket, then thread the sensor on from the top. Man that thing is sloppy, and won't hang straight. What's the deal??? Am I missing something here?? Nothing on the entire build fits this poorly. There must be a better way..........Tom

The Socket and Vice Trick Work Great

Making the hole in the grommet larger was not a problem. The socket and vice trick work just fine. The problem is that when you are done, the assembly fits into the new bracket like socks on a rooster!! Talk about a sloppy installation!! There must be a better way. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Tom

lpeeds

I have the same problem, sloppy fit. I am thinking about fixing the fuel sensor straight in the bracket with a clamp of some sort and filling in the area around the bottom of the sensor with RTV. I'm not sure that it would be strong enough to hold the sensor straight. I've still got the canopy to go so I have a while to think about. Maybe someone will come up with a better fix.

Has anyone else installed the new style fuel sensor on the firewall. This is the one where we remove the old sensor, install a new firewall bracket, with a rubber bushing in the big hole, push the fuel line elbow up from the bottom of the new bracket, then thread the sensor on from the top. Man that thing is sloppy, and won't hang straight. What's the deal??? Am I missing something here?? Nothing on the entire build fits this poorly. There must be a better way..........Tom
Mine is like that too. Once all of the hoses and stuff got snugged down and tie-wrapped, it settled down a bit. I can still wiggle it if I move the hoses around, but it doesn't move much on its own.

I don't know if this loose fit was intentional or not, but it does seem better than having it mounted super-rigidly to the firewall, what with the engine vibrations (such as they are - that Rotax is smooooth) being transmitted to it.

I'm keeping an eye on it, but so far it seems fine as-is.

How About Using An Adell Clamp Again

I was thinking about discarding the new bracket, and merely mounting the sensor to the firewall with a proper fitting Adell clamp, similar to the way the old sensor was mounted. Lets see what some of the others have to say.

Tom

This is bothering me also. My thought was to drill some small holes in the bracket and safety wiring the thing to the bracket. Haven't decided yet!

How about tie wraps?

Maybe a couple of ingeniously placed tie wraps would do the trick. If anyone comes up with a reasonable solution, please post it. It appears that there is a lot of interest in a solid solution to this problem.

Tom