nauga

Well Known Member
I blindly followed the RV-4 plans when assembling my fuel tanks (there's a line from 'Animal House' that's appropriate here, see if you can guess which one)...now I'm replacing the vent lines and would like to rotate my fuel vent fittings (-4 90 deg bulkhead fittings) 90-180 deg to give a little more hookup room. The fittings are currently prosealed pretty well in the tank ribs inside and out. I'd like pull the fittings and replace them with new ones.

So...anyone got any suggestions on how to get the fittings out without destroying the rib? I have Polygone on hand but have never used it, I understand it's good on thin layers of Proseal but maybe not so much on thick stuff. This is not so important that I want to risk damaging the tank - if it's more hassle to remove the fitting than it is to snake the vent line to the current fitting I'll just leave it.

Last edited:
Proseal softens up pretty well when heated. I used a heat gun to soften it up when I changed out a bad fuel sender and it worked quite well on the access plate that was glued on with Proseal.

Proseal softens up pretty well when heated. I used a heat gun to soften it up when I changed out a bad fuel sender and it worked quite well on the access plate that was glued on with Proseal.
Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight.

Update: I used a plastic scraper and a little twisting persuasion and patience instead and it loosened up fairly easily, no heat or Polygone required. I'll use the polygoo to clean the area before installing new fittings.

Last edited: