LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
polish_dec_6.jpg

I'm continuing to work on the great RV polishing project of 2012, a task that gives you a lot of time to think about things while you marvel at how handsome you are.

The question is corrosion. NuVite says that in the course of polishing, some sort of chemical magic occurs that helps protect against corrosion. I find this hard to believe, since as soon as you finish polishing, you wet up the old microfiber cloth with mineral spirits and proceed to wipe the heck out of the piece to get rid of anything that resembles polish.

But there are smarter than people out there than me. Has there been any research into this assertion?

For those of you who polish, what's your maintenance regimen? I'm starting with Grade F7, then C, then, finally, S grade, because it's "new" metal. But once you've polished, what do you use to maintain it? Just the S grade? Or do you compound polish every time? And how often do you polish?

Polish

Bob:
I maintained mine with "S" grade polish once a year until I moved it to Florida. I'm near the coast here and it was requiring more than once a year just to keep the corrosion down. I'm retired now and have become just too plain lazy to keep up with the polishing. Had to paint it.;)
7488684048_09544e3032_c.jpg
[/url]
IMG_1182 by mannanj, on Flickr[/IMG]