Nuvite system...and lots of beer.
Keep in mind that you will never be finished.
Also keep in mind that few people can resist putting their fingers on a mirror-like shine...I gave up a long time ago trying to keep people from touching her...both pilots and muggles are guilty of molesting her shine.

Nuvite........

Nuvite system...and lots of beer.
Keep in mind that you will never be finished.
Also keep in mind that few people can resist putting their fingers on a mirror-like shine...I gave up a long time ago trying to keep people from touching her...both pilots and muggles are guilty of molesting her shine.

is the way to go, but the above is truly correct. It is a "Touch Magnet", you just can't stop it.

I started the Nuvite process yesterday and it is going well. For now i'm just polishing the fuselage so I can move her to the airport and make room for painting the wings in the garage.

Wondering about the paint/polish interface? Any special care when touching up the boundary between the two?

Do you guys use any kind of wax or special protectant once you've polished it up nice?

Thx!

Ken

For cleanup and maintenance

I bought some Nuvite Nu-Image from Perfectpolish.com. It works really well, but Tom and Perfectpolish has stopped carrying it due to lack of availability. Might be able to find it elsewhere.

Be aware that it has silicone in it, so future painting will be more difficult.

In any case, Nuvite is the way to go for polish, and Tom at perfectpolish.com is good to deal with. Read the info on his web site.

My process for new aluminum is:

7-10 passes with G6 using wool compounding pad (Tom recommends F7)
5 passes with S using wool compounding pad (Tom doesn't do this)
3-5 passes with S using the Cyclo polisher with Tom's rubber pads and WalMart 100% cotton flannel.

For the Cyclo, Tom's sweatshirt material is great, but it's expensive and you really need to move to a new spot after each application of the S polish. In fact, I've had the best luck by polishing the S with the Cyclo until it's ALMOST gone, and then moving to clean flannel to finish polish. I then do the next pass with the slightly used flannel from the previous pass, and again move to a clean area to finish it off. If this doesn't make sense after reading the material on Tom's web site, pm me.

Thanks make perfect sense. I find wrapping the cyclo with the material awkward. I'm surprised there isn't a product designed to fit over the heads better???

I used to cut circles out of old T-Shirt material (purchased 50 lbs at a crack), and then wrapped the circles over each head on the cyclo, tucking them under the rubber boots.

These days I go with the big hunks of fabric supplied by Perfect Polish. Both work, neither is perfect.