dwranda

Well Known Member
I just bought a used pneumatic squeezer on ebay. I was playing with it for a while, but realized some expert tips may be helpful. Is there a place where there are written instructions on using one? I know pretty much nothing about them except unless it's adjustable you need to use washers. I did actually use a washer and got some rivets to come out perfect. The thing is I'm not sure what I am doing is right.

Disconnect the hose before you change sets........

Ask me why :eek:

Other top tips are sure to follow ;-)

Oh - don't lubricate it - has leather seals inside. need to be dry.

It won't squeeze a rivet unless the ram can make it to the end of its stroke as the rivet is fully set. (Cam action inside the tool is what supplies most of the final force to set the rivet. Didn't know that when I first bought mine; couldn't figure out why it couldn't do what my wimpy hands/arms could do.)

Also, enjoy learning to control it....

Charlie

Truth

Disconnect the hose before you change sets........

Ask me why :eek:

Other top tips are sure to follow ;-)

Oh - don't lubricate it - has leather seals inside. need to be dry.

Truer words were never spoken. Always disconnect. Once had it in my lap heard the dredded sound. Thankfully nothing was in the line of fire!:eek:
Learn to feather the trigger.

Thanks guys!! Is it normal for it to release a lot of air out of the little button on the bottom when it retracts? It seems to be working well, but I've never seen one in action so not sure if that's normal.

At what pressures did you attempt squeeze of rivets.3s or 4s 426 or 470. If you got perfects nuff said. I agree with learn to use the throttle.

Everything you wanted to know about pneumatic squeezers and were afraid to ask.

The document was written by a gentleman that has been in the aerospace tool business all his life and I believe knows what he is talking about.

Everyone should download and add this to their library.

Everything you wanted to know about pneumatic squeezers and were afraid to ask.

The document was written by a gentleman that has been in the aerospace tool business all his life and I believe knows what he is talking about.

Excellent document! I have "learned by using" to address all the issues he covers. I still use the adjustable set, and quick change pins. If it was production, a tool for each yoke would be appropriate.

Learning to feather came pretty quickly, and is required before using a cup on the ram to set a universal head rivet.

Excellent document! I have "learned by using" to address all the issues he covers. I still use the adjustable set, and quick change pins. If it was production, a tool for each yoke would be appropriate.

Learning to feather came pretty quickly, and is required before using a cup on the ram to set a universal head rivet.

Yes I also use an adjustable set and quick change pins. May not be the best solution but it works best for me.

Magnets

Yes I also use an adjustable set and quick change pins. May not be the best solution but it works best for me.

Yes, works great.
Also, place two tiny rare earth magnets on the frame to keep the quick change pin pull rings out of the way.