Geico266

Well Known Member
I ordered a pistol grip pneumatic cleco tool thinking this would be a nice Christmas preasant to myself. I got it via the HOT FED X delivery chick (that is another story;) ) so it was out to the shop to try it out. I installed the air nipple and hooked it up. I could hear air leaking out of it internally! So I called the vendor back and she shipped out another one, this time UPS :mad:. (The UPS delivery dude just ain't near as cute as the Fed X chick,.....but I digress.;)) So it was out to the shop again with the second tool and it leaked too!

What am I doing wrong? Are they suppose to leak? :confused: My line pressure is 120 PSI, that can't be too high can it?

BTW, if you send anything to me please use Fed X. :D

It's normal, as far as I know

...Are they suppose to leak? ...

Yes, you do hear leaking air. I believe it is normal. I have the one Avery sold a few years back (they might still....) which is the non-pistol grip. You can hear air escaping when the trigger is held.

I would lower the pressure to 90 or even lower. Most air tools, I believe, are rated at 90 psi (squeezer, air drill etc).

Last edited:
Don't think that is normal ....

The air leaking sound is all the time, not just when the trigger is pulled.

That, does not sound normal.

I spoke to a representative of US Tool, the manufacturer of my unit regarding oiling. He said it did not require oiling, but putting some oil once in while would be OK (on a sidenote, do not oil a pneumatic squeezer)

Last edited:
Well, I turned the pressure down to 80PSI, and they still both leak. Back they go...... and I'm gonna order something FED X! :D:D:D

You didn't miss much.

The pistol grip one I have works fine but will pinch the blood out of the inside of your finger when it gets between the trigger and the housing.:eek:

I had to replace the O-ring in mine once as the piston wouldn't work.
A little oil every so often and it works fine.
Pressure should be below 90psi.
Good luck!

(on a sidenote, do not oil a pneumatic squeezer)
Why is that? You mean externally or a few drops into the air supply prior to hooking up to the hose?

I love my pneumatic cleco (pistol grip) tool. It does leak air when the trigger is pulled but doesn't leak otherwise.

The pistol grip one I have works fine but will pinch the blood out of the inside of your finger when it gets between the trigger and the housing.:eek:

You aren't kidding!

While mine doesn't leak air at all, it does create an occasional blister. After a few them, I'm pretty good at avoiding getting pinched. :D